Monday, December 22, 2014

Baby Boy: 36 weeks

We are nearing the end! If I had this baby the same timing as Gwen, tomorrow would be the day. Luckily, it probably won't happen! I am interested to see what the last month of pregnancy brings since I didn't experience it last time. I can guess it doesn't bring too many pleasant things, but I am greatly looking forward to a baby who has had more time to grow and develop before entering the world. 

How I am Feeling: Large. Just large. My heartburn has subsided thanks to Zantac. I am really tired all the time still, but again, nothing to complain about because it all could be worse! I finally started feeling some Braxton Hicks contractions this past week. Last time I think I felt them much earlier. I am also very excited that my ankles are barely swollen. With Gwen, my ankles were ginormous from 34 weeks and on. 

Food Cravings/Aversions: No new aversions. For cravings, I really wanted raspberry tea over the weekend. I bought some, drank some, then remembered, "Aren't there certain teas you aren't 'supposed' to drink?" I look it up and apparently raspberry tea is one of them. I also don't abide by basically any of the pregnancy "rules" and I am almost to the end. At this point I am not going to stop eating lunch meat and soft cheeses.

What I am Excited About: Naming a baby :) Talking about baby names is one of my favorite topics. I think we may have finalized a name. We have had two for a long time that we liked equally, but after talking through them, I think we have made a decision. 

The other name we still really like, but realized we like it better for if we have another boy down the road. In other words, I am not going to even tell people the other name because it could very likely be used for a future child. Also, the name we are not choosing is a bit riskier and unique name so that gives us more time to see if we really like it before we permanently scar our child for life.

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me:  It was a tough week. Gwen was super sick and it took a toll on everything. She wasn't eating, sleeping, or drinking anything which was physically and emotionally draining. I am tired non-stop anyways so add a sleepless toddler and I was dying.  One night she was up crying every 15 minutes for 3 hours. David ended up sleeping with her on the couch while I closed the door to our room and slept all night. He is amazing!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: I PACKED A HOSPITAL BAG! Last time since I was unexpectedly induced from my 36 appointment, I didn't have a chance to pack one. To top it all off we were in the hospital for so long I really did need stuff. It is a very incomplete bag since a lot of the essentials I use every day, but I at least have something. You better believe I am taking that thing to every appointment from here on out too. Just watch, this time I will go to like 42 weeks. Last time crazy early, this time crazy late. I am prepared for it all! I may have even printed off checklists for each of us so if David has to finish packing the bags he knows what to pack.

Gwen's Reactions: I talk about baby brother all the time and she says "bubble" in response, but that is all. I point to my stomach and say, "baby brother" and she then points to her stomach and says, "baby". Not quite... I can only imagine how this transition will go... She is very laid back in some areas and very high maintenance in others. I am mentally preparing for a few weeks of transition and adjustment. I don't expect this to go smoothly, so if it does I will just be pleasantly surprised and very thankful!

Appointment Update: Today was my 36 week appointment and everything looked great! I am measuring right on track. I am excited I get to go weekly now. Am I the only one who loves these appointments?

Facts for the Week:


Days left until due date: 27
Friends who have due dates before mine: 1 (by 1 day!)
Signs of labor: 0
Weddings on/off: off
Current prediction for baby's arrival: January 14


Bump Picture: I don't even have a 36 week picture from last time to compare!  Here is my 36 week bump with Baby Shook #2!





No comments:

Post a Comment