Monday, May 21, 2018

Baby Shook #3: 28/29 weeks

Baby Size: Butternut Squash

How I Feel about being Pregnant: Like a whale. I have had two people tell me I look significantly larger than 29 weeks. While that is completely true, DON'T TELL ME THAT! Tell me I look beautiful, I deserve a nap, and am glowing...or anything else super nice. This even came from women who have had children. People, for the love...

Symptoms:  Swollen ankles and feet for days. 


Food Cravings: 
All the sugar and sweets. Pizza is always on my list too. I keep seeing billboards for the new Spiked Arnold Palmer and I really want one. 10 more weeks or so and its going to be my first alcoholic drink.

Food Aversions: 
Kale? I actually don't really like kale anyways but now I have no tolerance.

What I am Excited About: 
3rd trimester! Potentially single digit weeks remaining! Also, I got to see my favorite doctor in my OB practice and she told me she really hopes she gets to deliver this baby. She is the perfect balance of doctor and mother. Let's hope the stars align and I have a 38 week baby, somewhere between 6 and 8 pounds, no NICU time, successful VBAC, and this doctor is on call.

Sweet Thing My Husband did for Me: 
Loves me even when I walk slower than a toddler on his way to take a nap. Y'all should have seen my limping around downtown Asheville. Painfully slow. He also knows how to handle my hormonal freak outs like when I decide I have a blood clot that will kill me at 11:00 pm. He is a champ. He also says I snore like a freight train, but won't wake me up because he wants me to get rest. All the things you don't know about someone until you are married to them, but make the most selfless, loving husband.

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: 
I actually did something! We bought an attachment for our stroller so we can put the baby car seat in it!


Funny Moment: Gwen has a new middle name option for the baby and is telling everyone. She has proudly decided the baby's middle name will be Joy. We will see how convincing she is.

Weekly Stats:
Days until Due Date: 77
Days until My Prediction (July 25): 65
Week Number: 29 weeks today!
Gender: Girl
Weight Gain: I am avoiding the scale like the plague.


Bump Pic (28 weeks)
Does the Biltmore make my belly look any smaller? Also, it was REALLY bright.



No comments:

Post a Comment