Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pita Bread Pizza

A poor quality pic stitch picture of our dinner tonight!
This was quick, easy, and cheap!  Finally I am learning every night does not need to be gourmet.

 I found this recipe at $5 Dinners.   I have made two dinners from this site and both have been amazing!

I only made two slight changes.  Instead of cutting the pita bread in half, we left them whole to have a thicker crust pizza.  Second, we cooked them using our wonderful pizza cooker.  Basically it cooks the same as a conventional oven, but is way more fun.

The pizzas we made were:
  • Pepperoni with homemade pizza sauce
  • Barbecue Chicken
  • Honey Mustard Chicken 
I had some shredded cooked chicken in the freezer, so this was super fast and fun to experiment with different possibilities. 

3 comments:

  1. look at you! "oh, I just had some shredded chicken in the freezer..." You are the definition of unconscious competence my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having shredded chicken in my freezer is a by-product of spending time with Shelley. I need to seriously just do a series on how awesome she is.

      Delete