Sunday, September 23, 2012

Cookies Galore!

I love baking.

I don't always love cooking, but baking seems to be more my thing.  I love that in baking as long as you follow directions and measure carefully, it turns out!  Well, at least with the cupcakes and cookies I have made that is the case!  That may be a rookie statement, but for now I believe it!

Currently, I am on a cookie baking kick.  I made a lot of different cookies recently for hangouts with friends, so I thought I would share the ones I have made so far.

1. Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have never made chocolate chip cookies with any recipe other than this one.  My mom always made her chocolate chip cookies with the recipe on the back of the chocolate chips bag and it never fails!  Gotta love a classic chocolate chip cookie.

2. Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies

Yet another yummy cookie.  My dough would not go into a ball shape so I generously sprinkled the cinnamon sugar mixture on top.  Still good!  I also like my cookies super soft, so I often under cook them because who likes a hard cookie?  Turned out great!

3. Oatmeal Cookies

A friend's quote on these cookies, "These are the types of cookies you pass down the recipe to your kids!"  Guess where I found it?  On the back of Kroger brand Old Fashioned Oats.  I did add some chocolate chips to the recipe, but they were very good and gone immediately.

This is not the link I followed, but it is exactly the same with the exception that I used Old Fashioned oats and it turned out delicious.

4. Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I love chocolate and these cookies are chocolate plus some more chocolate!  I did not have any chocolate chunks so just used semi-sweet chocolate chips.  Some comments on the recipe suggested trying other varieties of chocolate chips which all sounded amazing.  Next time, I want to try them with mint chocolate chips or raspberry chips.  Yummmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your oatmeal cookies!! You are a cookie goddess my friend :)

    ReplyDelete