Friday, January 18, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Weeks 16/17







Baby Size: Onion!!!! Other websites also say turnip

How I Feel about being Pregnant: I love it way more now!  I am feeling great, rarely feel nauseous, and can eat most foods again.  It is so exciting thinking about what our son or daughter will be like.  This must be the stage when people say they love being pregnant.

Symptoms: Not too many symptoms!  Can you believe it?!  Still get a few headaches and I may have gagged a few times while cooking ground beef, but I feel good!

Food Cravings: Cheesecake with strawberries and soft pretzels.  Yum!

Food Aversions: Chicken... I will eat it for the most part.  I just don't want to cook it.

What I am Excited About: Finding out the gender!!!!!!  I think I have given up all hope on not finding out.  I barely can wait until I am 20 weeks.  I also am excited we came up with a few more baby names.  I love our girl names, so we just need to come up with some more boy names I think.

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me:  This is going to sound really small, but I think it was cute.  I went to the dentist on Tuesday and threw away my tooth brush before I left.  That night when I went into the bathroom, Shook had laid out two new toothbrushes for me to choose from.  Just a small thoughtful gesture that I loved!

Boy or Girl: Definitely boy.  Most wives tales also predict boy.  We will find out how right or wrong I am soon!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby:  I went to a cloth diapering class!  It was really fun and helpful to finally understand all of the terminology.  It also made me think I could actually do this without a washer and dryer.

Something I should be doing is cleaning out guest bedroom...

Funny Moment:  So I know later in pregnancy they say sometimes you wet your pants.  While I have not lost all bladder control, sneezing while I really need to pee has not turned out to be a good combination.  This is going to get really bad here in a few months!

Special Moment: The first special moment was when Shook had a very long conversation with my stomach talking to our baby.  I told him that the baby could hear us at this point, and it was cute to see him excited!

The second special moment has been one of the boys I watch, Henry, has been very interested in the baby.  Every time I come over, he asks, "What can the baby do this week?"  "How big is the baby?"  These are things I get excited about, so I love that a 6 year old also gets excited!  Last week when the baby was the size of an avocado  their family had avocado with their dinner.  He made sure to tell everyone that is how big the baby was that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment