Friday, January 25, 2013

To find out the gender or not...



Two weeks from today we have our 20 week ultrasound in which we could find out what we are having.  If you have asked me if we will find out, I probably responded with some stressful rant about the pros and cons of each side.

I know there is not a "right" decision and most people will say they love what they decided to do on both sides of the argument.  How could you not?  It is your child!  This decision is not as important as what I am making it to be but nevertheless I am driving myself, my husband, and anyone who asks me about it insane.

Here are my controlled, thought out, rant-free ideas of both sides:

Finding Out

  • You get to know more about your child
  • It could help David/Shook bond with the baby before he/she is born
  • You can be prepared (I am type A)
  • My expectations would be in check
  • You get to start buying cute clothes :)
Waiting

  • Delayed gratification could make it even more exciting
  • We rarely get to experience true anticipation
  • Guaranteed gender neutral items 
  • No one else would know (Shook is all about this)
The reason I cannot decide is because if someone with children is passionate and excited about finding out or waiting, you can probably convince me that is what we should do too.  The most recent plan was to find out until one of my dance parents told me how she waited to find out with all 4 of her kids and it was very special. UGH! The word special got me.


I am just thankful I don't have any control over determining the gender.  That is already done!


If you want to try and guess either boy or girl, I kind of love it when people do.  I might even have a list of what others have guessed in my phone just to keep track.  I know, I am obsessed with this.



No comments:

Post a Comment