Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 24



How I am Feeling: Great!  By narrowing down some things that make my face better and worse, it is much more under control!  Cutting out tomatoes and significantly limiting dairy helps a lot.  Also, we got a humidifier from David's parents so I am hoping all these steps keep the redness to a minimum!  Though when I asked my doctor about my face he did say he didn't think it was pregnancy related.  Who knows!  Whether it is just super dry air in our apartment or my hormones messing things up, we will never know!

I love the stage of pregnancy I am in right now.  My belly is growing, baby is doing great, and I feel good!  I just told David that I think I may actually miss being pregnant when this is all over.  Please don't quote this to me when in the future I say how unpleasant being pregnant can be :)

Food Cravings/Aversions: No aversions still! Cravings are the same.  Chocolate and potato chips!

What I am Excited About: All of the baby clothes I got yesterday!  A friend let me go through all the newborn to 12 month clothes she has and pick out anything I wanted.  5 boxes and one bag later, I think we are doing well on clothes!  It was so fun imagining our baby wearing them and picking out clothes for when he/she is here!  My friend even had a lot of preemie clothes which will probably be great because I am anticipating a small baby.  We will see if I am right!

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me:  Yesterday was my birthday so he went all out!  Even though he did not have to work yesterday, he got up and made me cinnamon rolls.  Next, he drove to his parents to pick up the humidifier in hopes of helping my face feel better.  He was understanding and comforting when I had a little emotional breakdown about missing my family on my birthday.  Then, he took me out for my birthday dinner at Nada (yummmmm).  Finally, after dinner he drove us to my parents' house so I could see my mom, dad, and all my siblings.  It was a great birthday and he made me feel incredibly loved!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Sorted through tons of clothes yesterday!  Next step is organizing them in the baby's room.

Next steps are picking out paint for the crib and getting that room cleaned up more! Oh, and finding a pediatrician!

Funny Moment: I subbed for a dance class this week for a class that I taught last year.  One of the little girls kept looking at me, and finally said, "Ms. Stacy, why is your stomach sticking out like that?"  Good thing I am pregnant because kids will say whatever is on their mind :)

Facts for the Week:


Boxes of baby clothes: 5
Baby blankets started: 1
Days left until due date: 106
Friends in labor right now: 1 (Go Rebecca!)

Bump Picture: 
David told me to look down at my belly.  My hair wasn't cooperative! 
24 weeks 6 days


No comments:

Post a Comment