Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 23






Baby Size: Grapefruit

How I am Feeling: I am hanging in there!  The red rash on my face has gone from bad to much better!  A few people suggested to me that the rash could be a result of a food allergy.  I began testing out foods and found that after I ate some salsa my face and neck burned.  Kerry, I think you were right about the tomatoes!  I am wondering if other foods are still affecting me thought because I did relapse a little today.

I called my Ob/Gyn and asked them about the rash.  They told me to put hydro-cortisone cream on it over the weekend and see how things improved.  Between cutting out all tomatoes and the cream, I look way better!

Food Cravings/Aversions: Chocolate and potato chips!  I don't know if I can blame those things on pregnancy.

What I am Excited About: The diaper bag we registered for.  I was so impressed by the selection and that they actually looked cool.  I expected cheesy patterns and Winnie the Pooh all over.  I found a Columbia messenger bag diaper bag that I am just in love with.  A big perk is that David can carry it around without feeling silly.  It is no Petunia Pickle Bottom (never going to happen), but it is affordable and makes me excited!

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me:  On Monday I did not have to work so we both got to stay home together!  While I was still sleeping, he got up and made cinnamon rolls.  I woke up right when the "ding" went off and could eat them immediately.  It was a wonderful way to wake up!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby:  I did my baby registry!  It feels good to have it done, though I will probably continue to add and change things well after all of my showers.  Baby registries are way easier than a wedding registry!  While a lot of it is subjective and every baby is different, I feel like we have a solid starting place and we will see what works!

Figuring out what type of baby bath tub has been the hardest part.  Since I won't use it for too long, I don't want to put much money into it and we don't have the storage space for some big, bulky plastic tub.  I am not sure why this is the item I am worried about storing.  I seem to be forgetting about the swing, bouncy seat, Pack 'n Play, etc. that I will also be storing.

The minimalist in me is a little overwhelmed!  When can I just give the baby a bath in the sink?  I like that idea!

Funny Moment: While David and I were at the bank trying to combine bank accounts (for third time), we were talking to one of the ladies working that we had seen before.  She asked how I was feeling and I explained why my face was all red and blotchy.  As we were leaving, David said, "I am really glad you finally told them why your eyes look the way they do.  I don't want people to think I punched you!"  It is true.  I looked like I got punched.  Just some lovely pregnancy symptoms, not abuse.

Facts for the Week:


Number of baby jabs that made me jump: 2
Average number of Tums consumed daily: 5-6
Trips to the gym: 0
Number of ideas for knitting baby blanket: 3,8429,342
Baby blankets started: 0

If anyone knows how to knit a chevron afghan, please tell me.  I will come to you, bake you brownies, and forever be grateful that I don't have to learn off of confusing online patterns!

Bump Picture: 


23 weeks 6 days
Looks a little bigger here!

No comments:

Post a Comment