Monday, January 29, 2018

Baby Shook #3: 8 weeks

Yay for the 8 week mark! Every week kind of feels like a milestone, but I have my first OBGYN appointment at 8 weeks so this is an exciting one!

Baby Size: Raspberry


How I Feel about being Pregnant: Still pretty excited, just not feeling great.

Symptoms: I have been having upper GI issues over the last 6 months and pregnancy is apparently making it worse! I'm in pain from my throat to my stomach. I'm hoping I can find something to give me relief!

Food Cravings: Bagels and cream cheese

Food Aversions: Anything with red sauce. Maybe this has more to due with my acid reflux issues, but I want nothing to do with it. I also am not super into sweets which is not like me at all. I wouldn't say its an aversion, but I don't crave chocolate like I normally do.

What I am Excited About: My doctor appointment in 2 days! It is always such a relief when you go and see the heartbeat. With every pregnancy, I convinced myself that I was having twins so we will also find out how many there are!

Sweet Thing My Husband did for Me: Did our mountain of dishes yesterday! Since I haven't felt well, he has gone above and beyond to help me get some rest.

Boy or Girl: Still thinking girl.

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Hhhhhhmmm... told our kids? 

Funny Moment: We told Gwen that she was getting another brother or sister, but we hadn't told our families yet. We made sure she knew not to tell anyone. Apparently 4 year olds can't keep secrets and she went up to my sister and said, "I have a secret. My mom might be having a baby." Luckily she didn't say it loudly and we were still able to surprise everyone!

Special Moment: Telling our families for Christmas! People were genuinely surprised! 

No comments:

Post a Comment