Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby Schuchter: Week 7

I saw this idea on other blogs and have been consumed by reading everyone else's week by week updates.  They provide lots of hope and encouragement for me especially when I am not feeling so hot!  The first few weeks obviously are posted after the fact since we still had plenty of people to tell.  Hope its as fun for you as other people's were for me!



Baby Size: Blueberry

How I Feel about being Pregnant: Super excited!  It is all I want to talk about... so glad all my friends are also pregnant!  The extreme, nauseating hunger makes me feel pretty helpless, but symptoms mean you are still pregnant, right?!

Symptoms: Lots of hunger.  I will eat a full meal (when I can find something I will choke down) and be hungry an hour later.  I definitely have tons of food aversions.  Tiredness, nausea, and hunger are getting the best of me!

Food Cravings: French fries, macaroni and cheese, really any carbs

Food Aversions: Meat, hummus, carrots, and generally anything that is not a carb!

What I am Excited About: We got to hear the heartbeat!!!!!! Crazy that we got to hear it at 7 weeks.  This was my first appointment with a new practice and everyone there was so supportive.  It was great to be encouraged and ensured that its okay for me to do whatever I need to do to get through the first trimester.

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: He has been WONDERFUL through this whole thing.  He surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers earlier in the week.  He also has cooked a lot and also been okay with going out and getting me food whenever I need it.  I have often felt guilty with how much he has had to do while I am feeling sick, but he constantly reassures me that he is happy to take care of me and I can just rest.

Boy or Girl: I keep assuming the baby is a girl.  Especially with having two nieces, I would love to have a girl.  I loved having a cousin close to my age growing up and I want that for our kids!  Though a boy would be fun too :)  I just think its a girl!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Read lots of things about babies.  Recently it has been the magazines I received at my visit.  I am super intrigued by making my own baby food, cloth diapers, and doulas, so the Google searches have commenced!

Funny Moment: When talking to my friend, Sally, who is due just one week ahead of me, we discovered we had very similar cravings.  I told her all I could think about eating was the pre-cut cantaloupe at Kroger.  Turns out she keeps craving the pre-cut watermelon at Kroger.  What is Kroger doing to pregnant women?

Special Moment: Can this be the same as my "What I am Excited About"?  Hearing and seeing the baby's heartbeat was very cool.  It is weird think that there are two hearts beating in my body!  It was exciting for us to send pictures to family and show them our blueberry!



No comments:

Post a Comment