Thursday, August 15, 2013

Gwyneth Eden: Weeks 9 & 10

These weeks are just flying by!  I feel like by the time I post one update the next one needs to be posted!  Gwen is getting bigger by the second and more of her personality is showing.  I think I can actually differentiate cries now!  Or I can at least do this with a little more accuracy!  Sometime she throws in a new cry I have never heard which throws off the system, but I would say I can figure it out 80% of the time!

Gwen's "Firsts": She went to her first Younglife club :)  She may have slept through the whole thing, but she was there!

Funny Moment:  Gwen poops a lot.  This means I have to smell it a lot.  I don't really understand why people think breastfed babies' poop doesn't smell because it does.  Want to know what it smells like? Popcorn.  I realized that's what the familiar smell was, so I Googled it to figure out if anyone else had this realization.  Yep, other people's babies' poop smells like buttery popcorn as well.  Don't be fooled though, it in no way smells pleasant.

High of the Week: We had a really good weekend as a family together.  David was off work so we got to do all kinds of fun things!  I got to go out for a girls night with out kids, we all went to the conservatory, and then David and I went to Sunlight pool!  

Low of the Week: I can't think of anything!  Woo hoo!

Something I Learned: I realized I don't understand the sizing of children's clothes.  First, I thought size 0-3 months bridged the gap between newborn and 3 month.  Nope they are the same.  This also goes for 3-6 months and 6 months.  Second, I didn't realize the typically kids grow out of 3 month clothes when they hit 3 months.  I though you started wearing 3 month clothes at 3 months, 6 at 6, etc.  For Gwen obviously all that is off, but for the "normal" babies that is kind of how it goes.

Facts for the Week(s): 

Days past when I meant to post this: 6
Size clothes Gwen is wearing: 3 months
Weight: 9 1/2 lbs (ish)
Gwen's favorite activity: Sleeping in the ergo

9 weeks
10 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment