Monday, August 5, 2013

My Diaper Stash

My original plan with cloth diapers was to begin immediately after arriving home from the hospital .  I wanted to throw myself into things so I would not know any different.

Well, Gwen arriving early threw us off a bit :)

I am simply cloth diapering because it saves a ton of money.  The diapers we purchased I chose because they are known for their longevity (multiple kids) and least amount of sizes (less time you have to buy the next size).

I am happy to say though that we should be cloth diapering within a week!  That is the goal!  I am currently waiting on 2 dozen prefolds and my wet bags.  Once those are here, I just have to prep them all and we will be done with disposables!

I am trying A LOT of different diapers.  Partially because a lot were given to me and partially because I think cloth diapering is addictive and I just want to try every diaper in sight.  Thank goodness a lot of them were gifts!

Here is a run through of all my cloth diapers.  Obviously, I have not used any of them, so in the future I will come back to them and give my review.


1. Charlie Banana: One Size Pocket Diaper


This diaper we purchased at Target.  It was on sale for only $8!  Super cheap.  It is one size which I love because it fits from 8 lbs until potty training.  It is so cute and soft!  I can't wait to try it.

2. Thirsties Duo All in One: Size 1


These diapers were a baby shower gift from David's aunt that cloth diapers.  I love them!  These are all in one diapers so you put them on and take them off just like a disposable... except way cuter.  Thirsties Duo diapers come in two sizes.  This is the first size which goes up to 18 lbs.

3. Prorap Covers: Size Small


These diapers were a gift from a friend who cloth diapered.  I have 10 of them!!!  They fit from 9-14 lbs.  I am excited to try these with prefolds because I think I will be able to get a really good fit with them. 

4.  Bummis Super Whisper Wrap: Size Small


These were also a gift from my cloth diapering friend!  How can you not love that frog print?  These will fit from 8 lbs. to 15 lbs.  I have heard amazing things about these covers.  I will also be using these with prefolds.

5. DiDee Snug Prefit: Size Small


 I actually have never heard of this brand and therefore, know nothing about it!  I know this part goes on the baby's butt and then I put a cover over it.  We will just have to try it and see!  I have two of these.

6. Fuzzibunz Pocket Diaper: Size Small


Yes, these also were a gift passed down from my friend.  Fuzzibunz is one of the most well known types of cloth diapers and gets fabulous reviews.  I love that one of them is super girly!  I only have the pocket diaper for these, but no inserts so I will most likely be stuffing them with prefolds.

7. Snuggle Hugs: Size Small


Gift from my awesome friend.  I have never heard of these and could not find out much from the internet.  The ones with fish on them make me wonder if they could be a swim diaper cover.  They also snap the opposite direction that most diapers do.  I will give them a try a try and see how it goes!


 8. Flip 

I have been dreaming about these diapers ever since I started looking into cloth diapers.  These are one size diapers and are so easy to use.  You either lay a Flip insert or prefold into the cover and off you go!  The biggest thing I love about them is that while you need to wash the insert each time, as long as the cover does not have poop on it you can reuse it.  I have 5 of these beauties. I was able to get the covers without inserts for $7 each from a Seconds sale.

9. BumGenius 4.0


These are the other diapers I have been googly-eyed over from the start.  These are all in one, one sized diapers.  Like the Flips, they did not come with inserts, but I got them super cheap.  I have 10 :)  My plan is to again just use prefolds to stuff them.

10. Imagine "Smart Fit" Prefolds

These have been ordered, but not yet come in.  I ordered 2 dozen of these.  I hear that they are amazing so I am excited about them!  I love that we can use them for so many things.


That is my diaper collection... so far :)  Stay tuned for how cloth diapering start out!  Hopefully my detergent comes in this week so I can get washing!


2 comments:

  1. So exciting! You have a great stash, I'm jealous :) j/k I hope it goes well for you guys. It really hasn't been that bad at all for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear it hasn't been too bad! We will see how it goes! Oh, and I would never have this many diapers without all the ones that were given to me! I am lucky to have a super awesome friend.

      Delete