Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Baby Shook #3: 36 weeks

Baby Size: Papaya

How I Feel about being Pregnant: Still not too bad! Things are physically getting more difficult, like picking things up off the floor. Frequently I am calling for Gwen to pick things up for me just so I don't have to. I also feel like it requires an immense amount of effort to roll over in bed. I'm definitely not miserable and can hang in there at least a little bit longer!


Symptoms: Lots and lots of Braxton Hicks. I had 4 hours of constant BH on Monday. It had me slightly excited wondering if I could be in labor, but here I am two days later still pregnant. 

Food Cravings: Potatoes and eggs for days.

Food Aversions: Spicy food doesn't have the same appeal it normal does, but not quite an aversion.


What I am Excited About: I am so close to not being pregnant! I can't wait to have a tiny baby! I have started imagining what various scenarios will be like with a newborn and its nothing but excitement over here. To have a little snuggly baby who can't argue with me sounds great! I also made it through my 36 week growth check which was the appointment I was diagnosed with IUGR with Gwen resulting in an induction. I am really hoping to go into labor! I want a Hollywood style experience where my water breaks in a dramatic way.


Sweet Thing My Husband did for Me: Today I told him I needed a parenting break. I asked for a couple hours to regroup and be ALONE. Instead, he decided to give me the whole afternoon/evening off and I will come home post-bedtime. He is the best!


Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Nesting is in full swing. I am a cleaning/organizing machine. I have never been so consistent with cleaning and laundry. I feel like every load of laundry could be my last so I want to have everything clean and done before this baby comes. My sisters also came over and helped me to make a bunch of freezer food. I also decided that I really needed to redecorate (more like decorate for the first time) Bennett's room. Went to IKEA and bought all new bedding then on a whim bought a rug off Craigslist. Nice dude and no bedbugs. WIN!



Funny Moment: I am a lover of all things free. Ever since I first heard about Chick-fil-a's Cow Appreciation Day years ago, we have been dressing up like cows annually to get free food. This year I was ready. Gwen cut out the black spots while I taped them to white shirts. I had the whole family dressed and ready to walk out the door when David said, "Can you double check the date before we walk in there dressed like cows?" I did aaaaaaand I had the wrong date. We were minutes away from walking around unnecessarily dressed like farm animals. Another win for my husband and another very close embarrassing moment for me.    


Weekly Stats: 


  • Days until Due Date: 26 days (my lucky number!)
  • Days until My Prediction (July 25): 14 days (WHAT!)
  • Days until My Next Appointment: 5 days! This will be my first time making it to the point of weekly appointments. 
  • Baby's Growth Percentile: 12-15th! No induction unless I go under 10!
  • Week Number: 36 weeks

Bump Pic:
At this point, I live in tank tops and maternity jeans shorts. Proof is in these two pictures taken a week apart.

Bump pictures with your 1st: taken in the same place every week, well thought out, and you know how many days, hours, and minutes you have been pregnant.

Bump Pictures with your 3rd: I pass a mirror in IKEA while my 5 year old insists she needs to poop 5 minutes after you just took her to the bathroom. The 3 year old plays with the feminine product disposal box while I use my free time to take a bump selfie.



35 weeks

36 weeks

1 comment: