Monday, July 30, 2018

Baby Shook #3: 39 weeks

39 weeks! Full term! I have almost been pregnant 2 weeks longer than my previous record. 

Today I had my 39 week appointment which I expected to be boring and routine, but for a brief moment, panic sunk in. I saw probably the most conservative doctor in the practice and he wanted to do an ultrasound to quadruple check growth. This is the same doctor who I saw at 36 weeks with Gwen and was sent to have a baby immediately from my appointment. No other doctors had concerns but since I have a history of IUGR and the baby was last in the 15th percentile, he wanted to recheck things. The biggest thing I haven't wanted in this pregnancy was to be caught off guard with when I will have a baby. I either want it scheduled or go into labor on my own. None of this being sent to the hospital with no notice. Luckily she is still in the 15th percentile measuring 6 lbs 7 oz so all is well. 

I have another ultrasound and NST on Thursday which I hope I don't make it to! This is just because I am nearing the end.

Baby Size: Pumpkin

How I Feel about being Pregnant: Ready to be done. I can't handle the constant wondering of when I will go into labor. Every pain or twinge makes me wonder if a baby is coming.


Symptoms: Cramping, back pain, and feeling like I am getting stabbed in the cervix. 

Food Cravings: Nothing in particular!

Food Aversions: Nothing I can think of!


What I am Excited About: My home improvement projects have come to life! The cornice board and blinds are hung in Bennett's room and the closet desk is just about done! A couple more coats of paint on the bottom and it should be finished! next, the fun part of decorating begins!





Sweet Thing My Husband did for Me: He has been on it today! I asked him to clean up some stuffed animals (and hide them) while I went to my doctor's appointment and he did it immediately! He also went outside and pulled weeds that had been driving me crazy. He also puts up with my constant texts of "I think I am in labor..." He gets one of these pretty much every day.


Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Painting like a fool, cleaning, organizing, the usual things I have been doing this last month! I have been showering more regularly so if I go into labor I will be able to quickly recall when I last washed my hair. 


Funny Moment: I went to Lowe's on Friday with my friend, Tara (renovation extraordinaire), and was joking how I wouldn't have to worry about any guys hitting on me. I was wearing old, paint stained over-sized clothes and looking REAL pregnant. Wouldn't you know it, plenty of old men wanted to talk with me. One asked if I had natural childbirths and added how he highly suggested taking birthing classes. Another man thought Tara and I were a couple. 

Weekly Stats: 
  • Days until Due Date: 7 days
  • Times My Predicted Delivery Date was Wrong: 2
  • Next Prediction: August 6th when I have my scheduled c-section
  • Days until My Next Appointment: 3 days
  • Dilated: Doctor said "I would say 1... maybe 2" 2 it is!

Bump Pic: I feel like I look smaller today but it might be the jeans because they have a full panel vs. my shorts which don't.

39 weeks



No comments:

Post a Comment