Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Baby Shook #3: 38 weeks

Not only did I get to write a 37 week post last week, here I am with a 38 week post! Lots of feelings ranging from being grumpy to excitement.

Yesterday I was fairly convinced I was in labor. Cramping that hurt which turned into back pain. Luckily I had my 38 week appointment that afternoon so I could get checked out. I was about 90% sure this was going to be the real deal. Well, turns out I wasn't in labor and hadn't progressed at all from the previous week. I wanted to punch something/someone, eat fast food, and cry. 

With Gwen and Bennett I was very convinced I would go to 41 weeks so I was blind sided when they came early. This time I wasn't going to be caught off guard, but now I am having a really hard time waiting! I am not even all that uncomfortable, but the unknown is very hard. More on what I am doing to cope below...

Baby Size: Leek, this means nothing to me.

How I Feel about being Pregnant: Kind of over it. I have to remind myself that the pros of being pregnant longer are more valuable than the cons. The cons only affect me and the pros are great for the baby! I am just ready to meet her!


Symptoms: Lots and lots of cramping and I think I pulled a muscle in my stomach probably because I am a nesting crazy person and doing more than I should be. I also pee nonstop. 

Food Cravings: Graeter's

Food Aversions: none!


What I am Excited About: Since I was feeling down about not being in labor, my friends helped me come up with some ideas for what I can do in the mean time. Some are fun activities and some are productive tasks. We decided to convert the closet in our playroom into a large double desk and start transitioning the room into a homeschool room. Just Pinterest closet desks. I am so excited! I emptied the whole thing, carried everything to the basement, then organized the basement. Definitely hit my flights of stairs goal today.


I also bought fabric to finish up window treatments in Bennett's room. His room should be done this weekend. Maybe I need to be pregnant more often because of how much I get done.

Sweet Thing My Husband did for Me: Loving me through my snoring, night sweats, and endless talk of "So when do you think this baby will come?" He hung up the curtains in our room which I am very excited about too! 


Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Finishing all these last minute projects, making sure dishes and laundry are always done, and walking the zoo. I am tired all the time but my nesting instinct is outweighing the exhaustion currently. Please know I am far from this productive and on top of things normally. This is caused by animal instincts and hormones, not by own doing.


Funny Moment: I can't think of anything! 

Weekly Stats: 
  • Days until Due Date: 12 days
  • Days until My Prediction (July 25): 0... not so sure this one is going to happen. 
  • Next Prediction: July 27th
  • Next Next Prediction: August 6th when I have my scheduled c-section
  • Days until My Next Appointment: 5
  • Baby's Position: -3
  • Dilated/Effacement: 1 cm, 50%

Bump Pic:

38 weeks 2 days







No comments:

Post a Comment