Friday, July 20, 2018

Baby Shook #3: 37 weeks

Lots of fun milestones this week! I am officially the most pregnant I have ever been! Bennett was born at 37 weeks 2 days and I am currently 37 weeks 4 days. This is also the first 37 week blog post I have written as well as first 37 week bump picture. Big day, big day.

Baby Size: Head of Romaine

How I Feel about being Pregnant: I don't mind being pregnant still but I am hyper vigilant over going into labor. I read into every little sign and am convinced I am in labor constantly. If only you saw my google searches. I am having some aches and pains but don't mind them too much. It is pain working towards a baby so I can handle it! 


Symptoms: A LOT of cramping. Every day I have hours of fairly painful cramping. I can't time it and they seem worse when I am sitting or lying down. I am hoping this means labor will come soon! I have to remind myself that I will know when it is real labor. 

Food Cravings: Chocolate milk shake! The day before Gwen was born I stopped by Steak n Shake, got one, then nested like crazy. Yesterday seemed like a perfect day for one as well and if you came to my house you would have found me crawling in our attic in a long skirt. The closets were calling my name and HAD to be organized immediately.

Food Aversions: Nothing that I can think of!


What I am Excited About: We are so close to having this baby! I have been scheduling and rescheduling my c-section because I keep changing my mind. It is officially scheduled for my due date since I can't go past 40 weeks. Until August 6th, if I go into labor my plan is to have a VBAC. After talking with my doctors and friends, I think my chances of a successful VBAC are very high. I am excited to have peace about both birth options and love knowing my doctors and I are on the same team.


Sweet Thing My Husband did for Me: Lots of things! Hanging with the kids so I can nap, taking care of dinner when I have a hard day, doing all of bedtime for the kids almost every night, and trying to empathize with me (this may or may not have looked like googling "lightning crotch" to know what I was talking about).


Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Extreme nesting, cleaning, and organizing. All my lack of preparation up to this point must have been culminating to this. I am a fanatic about getting laundry done, dishes cleaned, floors mopped, and purging toys.


Yesterday I got the rock n play and play mat out of the attic. Both have been taken over by baby dolls. Much better than a 5 year old! 


Funny Moment: When we were discussing "lightning crotch", David instead said "thunder crotch". My crotch is experiencing sharp, shocking pains; not an audible noise.


Weekly Stats: 

  • Days until Due Date: 17 days
  • Days until My Prediction (July 25): 5 (ummmm, WHAT!)
  • Days until My Next Appointment: 4 days
  • Number of times I have thought I was in labor: over 100

Bump Pic:





No comments:

Post a Comment