Monday, December 10, 2012

Baby Schuchter: Week 9









Baby Size: Green Olive

How I Feel about being Pregnant: Definitely excited and definitely ready for my symptoms to calm down. Only a few weeks away from the 2nd trimester!  Being pregnant, for me, is much harder than I imagined, but I know the baby is worth it!

Symptoms: Lots of food aversions and extreme hunger.  I only feel nauseous when I get really hungry.

Food Cravings: Mashed potatoes and fruit

Food Aversions: Meat and vegetables

What I am Excited About:  Getting to tell Shook's family about our baby!  We told them on Thanksgiving and it was great to feel celebrated.  Everyone was excited and very supportive!

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: Every day he is doing sweet things for me!  On the day after Thanksgiving we woke up and realized I had nothing to eat for breakfast.  He took a trip to McDonald's to get us something to eat and had to go back inside 3 times to get our order right (they never actually got it).  Regardless of the messed up order, it was tasty and my hunger was satisfied with greasy goodness.

Boy or Girl: I think a girl?  Though since coming up with some other names we would like I could see it as a boy also!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby:  Thought of more baby names and also thought through what kind of birth I want to have.  I am excited that I don't know what I want to do yet.  I think this will help me be more flexible and open minded once this baby is delivered.  Most of the advice I have been given is hold whatever you decide with open hands.  If going natural doesn't work, it doesn't work, and then sometimes you just have to get a C-section.  My control over the situation is extremely limited and having the baby is the goal anyway!

Funny Moment:  Talking baby names with friends.  My sweet husband thinks it is fun to come up with ridiculous baby names.

Special Moment:  Telling Shook's family about the baby!  His grandparents have 9 children, uncountable grandchildren, and by June, 8 great grandchildren.  Babies are obviously celebrated and considered a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment