Friday, February 8, 2013

20 Week Ultrasound

We just got home from our ultrasound and I am so excited!  I spent much time and energy deciding whether or not to find out the gender, so I thought I would share this very ironic story and also give the update on how the baby is developing.

David and I decided that we would find out the gender, but have the technician write it on a piece of paper so we could go out to dinner and find out.  As the technician goes through the brain, face, heart, spine, stomach, etc. she says everything is looking perfect and there are no problems.  Yay!

The baby currently weighs 10.5 ounces and is measuring more like it is 19 weeks, but that is still in the margin of error.  My due date stands as June 26.

I knew we were getting to the part of where she would try and find out the gender, but the issue she kept having is that the baby was extremely hyper.  Why did I drink that coffee?!?!  I am glad I did not drink any juice or that would have only made the movement more crazy.

The technician kept trying and trying and I got the feeling we were not going to be finding out the gender.  She explained that the umbilical cord was between the legs and blocking every view.  Even with all the crazy flipping, the cord would not move.  The lady went above and beyond to try and find out the sex.

By that point I came to terms that we would not find out and could only laugh.  And I thought I had control over the situation!  All of a sudden she flipped the monitor back around towards her and said, "Got it!"

It felt like a gift at that point because I calmly already accepted we would not know.  She wrote down the results on a piece of paper and we find out tonight the gender.

Later, the doctor was listening for the heartbeat with a Doppler, and the baby kept kicking the Doppler.  Looks like we have a feisty one!

With all the movement, they could not get a good picture of the feet so we will have another ultrasound at 30 or 32 weeks.  I will take it!  Plus, I won't mind them double checking the gender :)

Here are some pictures!

Note: None of them expose the gender, so don't try :)









No comments:

Post a Comment