Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 20




Half way there!  Half way there!  To change it up a little, some questions will change and some will be kept.  I like variety!  Also, I am actually going to try and post a bump picture every time (hopefully).


Baby Size: Banana

How I am Feeling: I have felt great about being pregnant and feeling pregnant!  My left hip still has some interesting tingling/pain going on.  The pillow between the knees no longer works, but if I fall asleep on my back (I know this is against the rules), I usually roll over in my sleep and then the pain doesn't start.

I do have a really bad cold that has turned into my weird muscle condition as of today  (lots of muscle pain, soreness, and fatigue that lasts a week).  We think I have already had it while being pregnant, but it was before I took a test.  That makes me feel better that this will hopefully not affect the baby, but I do have a lot of fear around how fast my heart is beating when I just sit here.

Food Cravings/Aversions: I am not sure this is considered a craving, but I am back to LOVING chocolate.  This was a normal occurrence pre-pregnancy and I am quite happy to be able to enjoy chocolate.  I think I am past any food aversions.  Yay for the next half of pregnancy!

What I am Excited About: We know what the gender is!!!!!!!  People would say when you saw the baby on the ultrasound or felt it kick that it would feel more real, but this definitely makes it real.  It helps me imagine what it will be like when the baby is born.

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: The amount of pots and pans that man washes is infinite. We had our family over for a gender reveal dinner and I trashed our kitchen.  I made the dinner in the morning and left all the dishes piled in the sink.  What did he do?  Came home from work and did them all.   Next, we had our families over which left more dishes.  I wasn't feeling well, so after everyone left he told me to go sit on the couch while he did all the dishes.  He is awesome!

Now with my weird muscle condition going on, he told me to rest as much as possible and not to worry about being productive.  He asked what time I would wake up today and I told him whenever he did.  He instead told me I should sleep as long as possible.  The amount of grace and freedom I experience from him is unreal!

Boy or Girl: Can't say yet :)  Once everyone who we need to tell not through social media finds out, I will probably post it!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: We have talked more about names now that we know the gender.  There is one name in particular that stands out, but I do think we will wait to make the final decision until the baby is born.

Funny Moment: During our ultrasound, we had the technician write down whether it was a boy or girl on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope.  When we got home, I set in on the table next to a water bottle that consistently leaks.  An hour or so later we looked over and the envelope was soaked.

I thought she wrote it with a Crossroads pen I had in my purse, so we took a piece of paper, wrote on it with a Crossroads pen, and soaked it with water.  We wanted to see if the ink would bleed or if it would still be readable.  It was!

I then dried the envelope with a hair dryer and all was well!

Random Fact/Thought about the Baby:  Random fact of the week: Every morning I freak out thinking I acquired crazy stretch marks over night.  I then come to my senses and realize the crazy red lines all over of protruding belly are lines from my t-shirt and sleeping.

Bump Picture: Here is the 19 week and the 20 week.  Now we are caught up!  Yes, my muscle thing makes me really tired hence the crazy, puffy eyes I have going on.  Look at the belly not my face!
19 week
20 week






2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I had the heart racing thing too, totally normal. :) What did your doc say about the muscle condition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it has been going on for 7 years... they never figured anything out. It used to happen every 2 months, but now it is more like 4 months. I don't go to the doctor anymore for it because it became a waste of a copay :/

      Delete