Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 22






Baby Size: Papaya... I have a feeling at this point they are going more by weight than length...

How I am Feeling: This week was a little hard.  My eczema took a tasty turn for the worse and spread all over my face.  I resembled a raccoon just with red markings instead of black.  While I looked pretty rough, the worst part was how my face was constantly burning.  It hurt to blink, smile, and talk.  Once my eyes and neck started clearing up, my lips got hit with the epidemic.

Finally, yesterday things started clearing up.  It is still noticeable, but my face burns significantly less and the red is less noticeable.  The combination of Cetaphil, not washing my face, not wearing make up, taking Tylenol  and restarting my pre-natal vitamins apparently is doing something!

Food Cravings/Aversions: Really nothing!  Weird how things change.

What I am Excited About: Life when the baby gets here.  I am excited that David is able to take lots of time off and that I don't have to worry about things like maternity leave.  While I am sure we will be exhausted and have no idea what is happening, I can't wait to spend time with our family of 3!

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: I was feeling very guilty for all the money I had spent one day.  I had gone grocery shopping, filled up my gas tank, signed up for a sewing class, and spent tons of money on things to help my eczema.  I started apologizing for all the things I bought for my face to try and heal it.  He stopped me and said that he could care less about how much I had to spend on those things, and he cared more about me feeling better.  Definitely made me feel cared for and loved!

Boy or Girl: This will be the last week I probably leave this in.  We did find out, but aren't going public with the news :)  Just ask me!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: I have thought a lot about which items I want to register for.  That counts for something right?  I have a shower in March, so I am trying to hurry and do my research then go registering this week.

Moms, if you have any suggestions on things you couldn't function without or strong feelings about any certain items let me know!

Funny Moment: I haven't found too much to be funny with not feeling so well if I am completely honest!  I will say though, when the baby kicks my bladder it is one of the weirdest feelings.  All of sudden I think I need to run to the bathroom, but then I don't.  Then I do!  Then I don't.

Random Fact/Thought about the Baby:  I can now see my stomach move whenever the baby kicks.  It happens so frequently that often times I am afraid that other people can see my stomach moving and it will freak them out!

Bump Picture: This is one of those pictures where you again should just look at the bump and not my eczema infested face :)

22 weeks!




No comments:

Post a Comment