Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 21





Baby Size: Pomegranate... no idea how this is bigger than a banana at least in length, but everything thebump.com says is correct, right?!

How I am Feeling: Compared to that fun 1st trimester I feel good!  Unfortunately, I do have some interesting, pesky symptoms that are not enjoyable, but better than nausea!

I have always struggled with eczema from when I was young.  It has improved as I got older, but it took an exciting new twist this week!  Not only are my arms covered (normal for winter time), my face is also covered!  Around my eyes has taken the brunt of it and I look like David beat me (he did not).  Between washing my face less, no make up, and Aquaphor I am hoping it heals soon.  I can handle the red eyes and looking a little funny.  I just wish my face didn't burn.

I also have another new addition to the symptoms list: swollen ankles.  This past weekend I was at the gorge and consumed entirely too much salt.  After the first night my ankles were noticeably bigger and so I immediately think I probably have pre-eclampsia.  The life of a high-strung, Google symptom searching hypochondriac!

Turns out I simply needed to eat less salt, drink more water, and put my feet up.  Thank you all you other moms who assured me their ankles also swelled up around this time!

Last, I think I am experiencing some of that round ligament pain, but I am not sure exactly.  The baby also seems to like to sit on a nerve in my back (maybe sciatic?) which leaves me very immobile and unable to lift my right leg up.

Pregnancy sure comes with some weird symptoms.  I promise my list is over. 

Food Cravings/Aversions: No aversions!  I think I still am always craving chocolate, but Skyline is another big one!  What I would do for some cheese coneys...

What I am Excited About: My belly!  I actually look pregnant.  My mom saw me in a tight fitting tank top today and she was even surprised by how much it has grown the past couple weeks.  She very generously bought me some maternity clothes today which included a pair of maternity leggings.  If you are pregnant, go to Target and buy some.  I love them.

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: When we first found out we were pregnant, Old Navy greatly deceived us with one of their sales.  We thought their maternity skinny jeans were on sale for $20.00 and found out at the counter it was mislabeled.  Ever since, David would check sales online at Old Navy to see if the jeans I so loved were on sale.  In the middle of writing this post he exclaimed that they were on sale for $25.00.  He called the store to make sure they had my size and had them set a pair aside for me.  We then drove to the store and he used his precious gift card from his birthday to buy them.  You are awesome hubby!

Boy or Girl: Still not saying :)  If you want to know, just ask me.  I will probably tell you.

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Not too much.  More discussion of names, but sorry baby, not too much happened!

Funny Moment: It happens quite often that I get stuck in tight spaces or think I can fit behind a chair someone is sitting in, but it doesn't work out.  I am used to being able to eyeball whether or not I can squeeze past someone and I forget to take into account this growing stomach.  I end up knocking things over or having to choose another way to go.  I suspect this will get worse.

Random Fact/Thought about the Baby:  We will go for a random thought about the baby this week!  With having so many close friends that are pregnant and due at the same time, I cannot wait for our kids to grow up together.  It is so cool to think about all of us raising kids together and our children experiencing what good community is like from birth.  It is even better how many of those friends live in walking distance.

Bump Picture: Since the dance studio is on break this week, I actually have on real clothes and am not sweaty for my bump picture!

21 weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment