Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 34




Baby Size: Butternut squash... I know what that is!

How I am Feeling:  While my comfort level decreases every day, I still feel good!  I made it through the first round of dance recitals which did make me very tired, but I enjoyed them and only felt the effects of pregnancy after it was all over!  It is now a daily occurrence to see my ankles swollen.  I knew this was most likely inevitable since I am on my feet a lot, so I am excited to have made it this far before the cankles set in!

Food Cravings/Aversions: No aversions, but once again I am craving chocolate.  Good thing we have oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!

What I am Excited About: Getting our apartment organized!  With things winding down at the dance studio, I will have a lot more time to organize and clean.  Since getting married, I cannot stand clutter and I am sure my tolerance level for it will go down when I become perpetually sleep deprived or maybe I will chill out!  Regardless, I want to get rid of anything we don't need.

It is funny how marriage will change you.  10 months ago I always had a mountain of laundry on my floor, still had the dresses from middle school dances in my closet, and maybe vacuumed my bedroom floor once. Now I can't wait to have extra time to clean and bring order to this poor baby's nursery.

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: We needed to move some heavy furniture around in our apartment.  I helped him initially, but with a large protruding stomach and a lack of strength overall, I was no help.  I had to work all day, so he invited a friend over to come lift everything so I did not have to.  It was so nice to come home to our apartment back in order and I did not have to do anything!

On Sunday, I made us a more "fancy" dinner.  By fancy, I mean it just required more effort than my usual dinners!  David wanted oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dessert, but I was not up for it since I just spent so much time on dinner so he went ahead and made them himself!  I loved it!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: The crib is officially set up!  My super awesome dad came over and set it up with David.  We won't even have the baby sleep in it right away, but I love how it looks in the room.  Now I just need to find some cute crib sheets!

Facts for the Week:

Days left until due date: 36
Dance recitals that have taken place: 3
Dance recitals remaining: 2
Friends in labor: 0 :( I guess I got spoiled 2 weeks in a row!
Doctor appointments left: 4... unless I go past my due date

Bump Picture: 

34 weeks 6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment