Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 32





Baby Size: Squash

How I am Feeling:  Overall, still good!  I had a couple days in a row of insomnia where I just could not sleep.  I was not uncomfortable in any way, but sleep just did not happen.  I definitely cannot sleep in anymore either.  Maybe this is sleep training for when a newborn is here!

I have noticed that my heart races at times.  A lot of times this happens after I eat.  I also feel much more weak and like I cannot do as much physically.  Hopefully this is all normal!  Anyone else have this heart racing issue?

How the Baby is Doing: Baby Schuchter is growing and kicking well!  At our ultrasound we were informed he/she is in the 20th percentile.  Doctors do not care about this too much as long as it stays between 10 and 90.  Since I was measuring 1 week behind at my 20 week ultrasound and now I am measuring 2 weeks behind, they want to do an additional ultrasound to make sure it is nothing more than a small baby.  Other than being tiny, baby is healthy!

Food Cravings/Aversions: The aversions come and go.  One day I ate some carrots that in hindsight were probably bad and it put me in a nauseous state for the whole day.  Cravings for the week have been fruit.  I can't get enough.  I went over my parents' house and almost finished off an entire bag of grapes.

What I am Excited About: Jess had her baby!!!!!!!  Baby Stella is now in the world and is doing great.  Once again, it is easy for me to forget that these babies will be here very soon. It makes me even more excited for our own baby to be here seeing my friend have a newborn.

When we got married and decided to try and have kids right away, my biggest fear was that I would feel alone.  Funny how all my good friends are pregnant and having babies at the same time.  I would feel more alone if I wasn't pregnant right along with them!

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me:  My mom told me about a free breast feeding class that Babies R Us was doing.  I called to sign up and they explained that I could bring anyone I wanted with me.  The lady on the phone assured me that husbands come to this kind of this.

We show up and it is all women.  Poor David sat through the whole thing and even endured the boob puppets that were used.  Believe it or not, it was not as cheesy as it sounds!  He was great about it and paid attention the whole time.  Best husband award!

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby:  I started cleaning out the nursery!  A few hours on Saturday have made a big difference.  Now I feel more motivated to keep working on the room since I can see the progress I have made.  Unfortunately this week and next week are probably my two most busy weeks out of the year, so it may be on hold for a little bit!

Facts for the Week:

Days left until due date: 49
Weddings to attend before due date: 3
Ultrasounds left: 1... we get another one at 36 weeks
Baby's weight: 3 lbs. 8 oz (tiny baby)
Baby's position: head is down, but facing out a.k.a. sunny side up
Baby showers left: 1
Friends who had their baby: 1!!!! Yay!!!
Stella Michelle














Bump Picture: 
32 weeks 6 days


No comments:

Post a Comment