Monday, May 27, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 35




Baby Size: Coconut!

How I am Feeling:  Most of the time I feel like a beached whale.  Things like rolling over and standing up require way more energy than it should!  I still can't complain too much!  This is way better than the 1st trimester.  Any negative side effects are accompanied by the anticipation of meeting our new baby very soon so it all works out!

Since Friday, I have been having a lot more Braxton Hicks contractions with some back pain mixed in.  Looks like I am at the point where my body is practicing and getting ready!  It is strange to think that we are getting close to the point when labor could happen at any point.  It could be 2 weeks, 4 weeks, or 6 weeks!

Food Cravings/Aversions: No aversions this week!  Cravings... you got it!  Chocolate!

What I am Excited About: Lots of things!  We have brainstormed more baby names.  Turns out we have some really awesome family names to choose from as well.

I am also finally getting somewhere with purging everything we don't need to get better organized before the baby comes.  It is starting to make me think that not having enough storage space is an alright problem to have.  We are keeping the things we need and are important to us while getting rid of anything that isn't.  Yay for organizing!

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: He had made me breakfast, vacuumed, killed bugs, not said anything about my increased chocolate consumption, and helped me pick good first placements in Settlers of Catan.  He is great!  He encourages me, listens to me ramble, and always makes sure I am taken care of before himself.  I cannot wait to see how wonderful he is with this baby!

Also, for some reason I probably could walk miles before getting tired, but after I walk up one flight of steps, I am exhausted and can't breathe.  He will take extra trips up the stairs to make sure I don't even when it is inconvenient.  See... he is awesome.

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: I did not want a big, fancy bedding set for the nursery.  I was lacking cute bedding for the nursery (really we are lacking all bedding) and my mom was able to find a small, inexpensive set that I love!  It comes with a crib skirt, crib sheet, and quilt that we will hang on the wall or put on the day bed in the room.  I am excited!  I am also looking forward to making some more bunting to match!  I think this will be my project tomorrow.

Facts for the Week:

Days left until due date: 30
Days until ultrasound: 4
Episodes of Arrested Development watched: 10... so far!
Strawberries picked out of my in-laws garden: 200+
Total number of cloth diapers: 2

Bump Picture: 
35 weeks 5 days


No comments:

Post a Comment