Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Baby Schuchter: Week 27





Baby Size: Rutabaga (not sure what this is!)

How I am Feeling: I am hanging in there!  Overall, I feel good! My face is still breaking out with very little answers this week.  Today I got allergy tested and the results were super interesting.  I wrote a separate post about it since it is pretty lengthy!

This past week I developed a rash all over my stomach, chest, and back.  They are little, red, and itchy dots.  Nothing seems to make them better or worse.  I had David look up pictures of pregnancy rashes and see if mine looked similar to any of them.  He said PUPPS looked significantly worse than what I have, which is great that is most likely not the issue.  The allergist also confirmed that I would be feeling way worse if it was PUPPS.

Luckily, I have a doctor's appointment Friday so they can hopefully provide some sort of diagnosis or what will help.  My lovely skin issues!  I guess it is good timing for me to start going every 2 weeks to the doctor since I am having so many issues!

Food Cravings/Aversions: I keep wanting apples.  While I was shopping at Aldi they had a super cheap, huge bag of apples and I passed them up because I didn't think we could eat them all before they went bad.  This was a terrible choice.  Every day since I have said how I wish I could have an apple with every meal.

What I am Excited About: Making nursery crafts!  I am going to try and make bunting for the wall and I have been knitting away at the baby blanket.

I also am excited about baby names!  I have a new name I am super excited about.  We still won't decide for sure until the baby is born, but I love coming up with different combinations.

Sweet Thing the Husband did for Me: He looked at nasty pictures of rashes online.  I refused to because I get grossed out by that stuff.  He also has had to rub lotion and hydro-cortisone cream on my back daily to help keep me from itching uncontrollably.  At the same time he is the scratching police.  Anytime I start itching at my face or rash, he calls me out on it.  I most of the time just get mad, but I know he is right :)  I have the tendency of itching until I am bleeding (gross and terrible).

Something I have Done to Prepare for the Baby: Sorted through the million boxes of clothes we have!!!!!  It is fun imagining what the baby will look like in them and putting outfits together.  I also got a bunch of books from the library to read about everything baby.

Funny Moment: While I was at at my parents' for Easter, I was putting away all the leftovers in containers. I was using the same type of container for all of it so it would stack easily in their fridge.  Someone asked which leftovers I would like to take and I explained I already boxed up my stuff and put it away.  When my mom opened the fridge and saw the 6 or 7 matching containers, she thought that's what I claimed as mine.  It was not, but everyone thought it was the pregnant lady's attempt at taking all the leftovers home!  Only 3 of them were mine :)

Facts for the Week:

Days left until due date: 85
Boxes of clothes sorted: 8
Nursery colors picked: YES
Weeks until 2 friends' due dates: 5 ish!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question for Moms:  What was the thing that helped you the most with nursing?  Are the classes helpful or not worth it?  You can send me a message or email if it TMI for the general public :)


Bump Picture: I guess my shirt is a little shorter than I thought!  Maybe I should give up my non-maternity shirts!
27 weeks 6 days






No comments:

Post a Comment