Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tissue Paper Flowers

I feel like tissue paper flowers are just one of those crafts that have taken over Pinterest.  Just like lace and burlap or mason jars are very "Pinterest-y", so are these!

The problem I found is that most of the pins don't have a link in how to make them.  I wanted to make a bunch for the nursery as a fun way to add color since we cannot paint.  At the same time, the frugal part of me did not want to spend unnecessary money for something that I could attempt and fail at!

After one of my showers, I collected all of the tissue paper and folded it neatly until I had time to actual make the pom poms.  I have had this idea from the start because I have seen many pins where it can be done for a boy or girl.  

Next, I found a pin that didn't require using a styrofoam ball.  These probably are not expensive at all, but again I didn't want to spend money :) 

I followed the link's directions and they turned out great!

My tips:

-Use flower wire or a twist tie. 
                I tried a pipe cleaner, but the pom pom I used a twist tie for turned out way better.
-You don't need to use the dimensions they stated.
                I used squares for one flower and rectangles for another.
-Be gentle with the fluffing part, but don't stress about it.
                I ripped mine multiple times and they look fine.  Just take your time!





Here is the link for directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment